Some people don’t experience growth in their height even if they are at prime age. The main reason for this is due to poor diet and lack of physical activity. While poor diet can be easily resolved, many find physical activity to be tough.
Activities like swimming, running promote growth, but are difficult for people to perform. They require something to do consistently as well as helps in their growth height-wise.
Yoga is here for the rescue and by doing proper postures, you can achieve the maximum height your body can grow.
Which Yoga Helps to Increase Height?
Here are some poses in yoga to help you increase in height. Remember, growth varies for each person and each body is unique in its growth. Therefore, don’t expect phenomenal changes overnight.
These will aid your body to grow and you can see considerable changes in six months or a year.
This Asana or posture is also called the Mountain pose. It is one of the simple poses you can perform daily to increase height effectively.
- Stand straight with your back and shoulders upright.
- Keep your arms loose on the sides.
- Now slowly breathe in and while you do so, lift your heels to stand on your toes.
- Simultaneously, lift your hands stretched above the head.
- Stretch your whole body as if you are trying to reach the roof.
- Hold in this pose for 30 seconds.
- When you come back to normal position breathe out slowly.
- Repeat this posture five times.
This posture is also known as the tree pose. This helps your body to maintain balance and achieve the expected growth. Also, the pose provides necessary stretch to the muscles and bones which promote growth.
- Stand on a flat surface with feet together and body erect.
- Keep your arms close to your body.
- Now as you inhale slowly, lift the arms above the head facing each other and close them when they reach the center.
- Simultaneously, lift one of your legs bent on the knees and place the foot on the inner thighs of the other leg.
- Stand firmly balancing the whole body on one leg and stay for 1 minute.
- Then relax and switch the legs. Repeat this posture five times.
This pose is also known as the cat/cow pose due to its resemblance to the animals. Performing this pose provides an overall stretch to the spine, back muscles, chest, abdomen, and glutes.
- Get down on all fours over a flat surface preferably over a yoga mat.
- Initially keep your back curved inwards (Convex) which means your chest and abdomen are stretched out.
- Remember to keep your hands straight and don’t bend your elbows.
- Now, slowly bend your back to bring it to a concave shape.
- Hold in that position for 30 seconds and relax.
- Repeat this five times and each time give the back a nice stretch which promotes growth.
This pose is also known as the cobra pose. The asana increases the overall flexibility of the body and helps in stretching the muscles and bones.
- To perform this, lie flat on your abdomen facing downwards on a yoga mat. Keep your feet close.
- Now bring your hands to the sides of the chest and by keeping the lower body firm on the surface, lift your upper body.
- Stretch your upper body to the maximum but keep the hips on the floor.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Then relax to a normal position while breathing out gently.
- Repeat this five times.
This pose helps you to attain maximum lift above the ground and enables pressure on the pituitary gland which is responsible for growth.
- Lie flat on your back over a flat surface with your feet together and arms at the side.
- Now lift your legs and hips above the ground till they reach high and you are resting on your upper back and shoulders. Support the back with your hands.
- Hold in this position for 15 to 30 seconds and if you find any strain on the neck while doing, relax immediately.
- Repeat this posture once or twice.
Also read this post:
- Which Yoga Helps in Emotional Management?
- How to Increase Face Glow by Yoga
- How to Reduce Hands Fat by Yoga?
- How to Reduce Liver Fat by Yoga?
What Age Group can perform this kind of Yoga?
All the above-mentioned postures can be performed by all age groups and gender. They are very easy and simple to perform. It also doesn’t require any assistance.
For those who are looking to grow in height, it is better to perform these postures between the ages of 10 to 20 daily.
Performing these postures at this age will help the body to naturally grow to the maximum level it can reach.
Also, in this age group, the pituitary gland functions well in order to promote all kinds of growth in the body.
Therefore, it is recommended to perform between the ages of 10 to 20 to achieve their fullest growth in terms of height.
Are there any Additional Supplements Required?
If you take care of your diet properly, there is no need for additional supplements along with yoga. You can take a balanced diet for every meal and that will be sufficient to provide all kinds of nutrients.
It is better if you add more proteins and vitamins to the diet. It can be through meat, beans, nuts, and vegetables.
Therefore, with a healthy diet and yoga, you don’t require any other supplements to promote growth.
What are the Common Reasons for Height Problems?
Here are some popular reasons for not growing adequate level in height:
- Lack of nutrition at a young age also known as malnutrition
- Lack of physical activity
- Improper sleep at night
- Hormonal imbalance
- High mental stress
- Lifting heavy weights at a young age
- Heavy physical labor
- Lack of proper rest to the body
Because of such reasons the body may not grow at the specific level, it should have grown.
Growth happens naturally in every human body at the right age and it eventually stops at a certain age. If you are struggling with stunted growth, with the help of yoga, gain the increase in height and reach your goal easily.