Fatty liver has become a common issue among people nowadays. The liver is an organ that emulsifies fat but due to poor eating habits of people, fat starts to develop on the liver causing this condition.
It is very important to safeguard the liver because it keeps the mental stability of the body and removes all the toxins from the body.
Therefore, to safeguard the liver and to reduce liver fat, let us try some yoga poses.
How to Reduce Liver Fat by Yoga?
Yoga increases the lipid metabolism of the body. It helps in increasing the energy flow to the organs which in turn function better to remove the unwanted waste products accumulated in the body.
The fat accumulated on the liver can be reduced and eventually completely removed with the help of following yoga postures.
1. Mandukasana – Frog Pose
This is an excellent and easy pose that increases the bowel movement in the digestive tract and increases blood circulation all over the abdominal cavity.
- To perform this pose, first sit on your knees by keeping them hip-width apart.
- Keep both your hands on the belly button and inhale.
- Then press your belly and with a slight exhale and bend forward.
- Exhale completely while bending forward.
- You should try to bend till the chest touches your knees.
- Hold the posture for 30 secs and relax.
- Too much pressing of the belly is not necessary.
2. Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose
This pose has many direct and indirect benefits. It directly gives energy to the abdominal organs and the cardiovascular system.
It indirectly strengthens the arms, enhances hormonal stimulation and metabolism. Along with these, it reduces fatty liver also.
- To perform this pose, lie down on your stomach facing down.
- Then take your palms adjacent to the chest for support.
- Lift your upper body with palm support like a cobra.
- Don’t lift your lower body. Let it lie flat in the ground.
- Now hold your upper body in the position for 30 secs.
- Breathe normally while in the position.
3. Adhomukha Shvanasana – The Downward Dog pose
This is one of the poses that comes in the sequence of Surya Namaskar. You can either perform a complete Surya Namaskar or perform this pose separately.
- To do this pose separately, first lie down on your stomach.
- Using your palms, take support and lift your hips backward and raise your lower body.
- This will form an inverted V shape.
- Keep your knees and elbow straight and keep your head down or look towards your navel to stretch.
- Hold this pose for 15 secs and relax.
- You should repeat it three times increasing the hold time by 15 secs in each rep.
4. Ardha Matsyendrasana – King of Fish Pose
This pose will reduce liver inflammation by relaxing the abdominal muscles. Reducing inflammation will cure the fatty liver condition.
- First, sit cross-legged by crossing your left foot over the right.
- Raise your left knee over the right leg which is on the ground.
- Then take your right hand over the raised left foot and hold it by the ankle.
- Now press your left leg against the belly and turn your head to the side. This should create a stretch.
- Hold it for 30 secs and relax.
- You can breathe normally in the position and perform several repetitions also.
5. Dhanurasana – The Bow Pose
This pose is similar to a flexible bow. It stimulates the liver to work efficiently with the energy it has. This pose can reduce fatty liver considerably in a matter of a few days and has the potential to cure it too.
- To perform this pose, lie on your stomach facing down.
- Then hold your ankles with your hands and stretch your body back while still holding.
- Only your tummy will be touching the ground making your body look like a bow that is stretched.
- Try to hold for 30 secs and relax.
- Initially, it will be tough to get maximum flexibility.
- But soon you will be able to stretch better with practice.
6. Naukasana – Boat pose
This is another simple pose but an effective one to cure fatty liver.
- The first lay on your back, keep your hands at the side and slowly lift your leg.
- While lifting the leg, try to raise your upper body.
- While raising the upper body, the hands at the side will meet the legs at a point.
- You will be seated in a V-like shape.
- Hold in that position for 30 secs and relax.
- You can repeat this posture several times.
7. Kapalbhati Pranayama – Breathing
Finally, the proper breathing exercise called pranayama can cure many diseases in the body.
Since blood is the carrier of oxygen, it promotes blood circulation and proper energy disposal to all parts of the body. It can cure all kinds of liver-related conditions and diseases.
- To perform this, sit straight with your legs crossed on the floor.
- Now keep calm and inhale deeply.
- After full inhalation, exhale forcefully and breathe out all the air faster.
- Similarly, do this for 5 minutes every morning.
- If you wake up at 4 am and perform this, it will be very effective.
Other Posts in This Category:
- Which Yoga Helps in Emotional Management
- How to Reduce Hands Fat by Yoga
- Which Yoga Helps to Increase Height
- How to Increase Face Glow by Yoga
How Many Days it will take to cure?
A fatty liver takes quite some time to cure fully. Along with yoga, you should try to control your eating habits and regulate them properly.
Do not overeat any food and don’t touch any kind of junk food. Limit your meat intake and within a few weeks, you can feel excellent changes in your body.
Usually, a fatty liver will cure within a month if you follow a proper diet and perform yoga every day.
Is Liver fat Dangerous?
Yes, the unwanted accumulation of fat on the liver for a long time will eventually damage it. In the early stages, it will not do much harm and can easily be cured.
But if you are not concerned about your health, it may have serious effects. Because the liver is the detoxifying organ of the body.
Is it Fine to take Yoga for Liver Fat?
Yes, even though it may work gradually, performing yoga every day will enhance your blood circulation and energy circulation throughout your body. This will cure all kinds of diseases in the body including fatty liver.
Yoga is the best therapy you can perform to get an overall cure and wellness to the body.
It keeps your energy to the maximum and regulates all the life activities happening in the body. So, do consider yoga for curing fatty liver and other diseases.