Sagging breasts are common in women after weight loss. Since breasts are usually surrounded by fat globules, it gets saggy very easily.
You can’t wear a very tight bra to hold the sagging breasts. It will start hurting after a few hours. Therefore, here are some home remedies to prevent sagging of the breasts as well as cure them.
How to Prevent Breast Sagging During Weight Loss?
Natural remedies are safest and provide better prevention and cure than any other form of treatment. Here are some effective remedies to prevent breast sagging during weight loss and after it.
Cucumber and Egg Yolk Mixture
Due to rapid weight loss, the skin on the breasts would have shrunk. This is also one of the causes of the condition.
If the skin is returned to its stiffness, the breasts start to get more firm.
The cucumber and egg yolk mask is an effective way to make your breasts firm naturally. Cucumber has the ability to cure skin conditions and the high protein content of eggs strengthens the breast cells.
- To make this mask, first, take one small cucumber and one egg yolk.
- Blend them in a blender or mixer. While blending, add a tablespoon of butter or cream.
- Now take this mixture and apply it to your breasts.
- While applying use upward direction. Leave it for half an hour.
- Then wash the breasts gently with cold water. Use this remedy daily till you get firm breasts.
Egg White with Honey and Yogurt
This is another mask that is very effective in lifting the sagging breasts.
- To prepare this, take one egg’s white,1 tablespoon of honey, and plain yogurt.
- Mix them thoroughly and make it as a paste.
- Then apply it over your breasts in the upward direction.
- Let it be there for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it thoroughly with cold water.
Fenugreek is a widely used herbal medicine, especially in Indian medicine Ayurveda. It helps in smoothening the skin and prevents breast sagging.
- Take ¼ cup of Fenugreek powder and mix it like a paste using cold water.
- Then apply this paste to your breasts.
- Massage your breasts with the paste for 10 minutes but lift them and gently press them.
- Then leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Another variation in this mask is that you can add egg white and yogurt to the Fenugreek powder.
Olive Oil Massage
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and is known for its anti-aging properties. It has the ability to revive the skin tone and prevents sagging by retaining breast firmness.
- Take a few drops of olive oil and rub them between your hands to generate warmth.
- Then massage your breasts for 10 mins in the upward direction.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
Applying ice to the breasts makes the tissues more compact and tight. Even though this remedy might be quite difficult, it is very effective.
- Take two ice cubes and massage them over your breasts in the reclined position.
- After the cubes melted, stay in the reclined position for 20 minutes.
- Then using a towel dry your breasts.
Apart from these, you can do some exercises to prevent sagging. Even though these exercises don’t directly make your breast firm, they tone the adjacent fibrous tissue and make your chest look fit and firm.
- Chest press with dumbbells
Why is Breast Sagging Happening?
Following are some of the reasons for breast sagging:
Sudden or Rapid Weight Loss
The skin doesn’t get time to recover during rapid weight loss. So they become weak and cause the breasts to sag.
Rapid Weight Gain
Due to a poor lifestyle or due to some medical conditions, rapid weight gain is evident. The breasts tend to get large and lead to sagging.
Hormonal imbalance is another main cause of this condition. It is associated with rapid weight loss and weight gain. Mainly the estrogen deficiency causes the breast tissues to lose integrity and causes sag.
Women who have reached or crossed menopause age, tend to have this condition. Aging causes the skin to lose its elasticity due to fat loss. This causes saggy breasts.
Frequent pregnancy can also lead to this condition. The breast tissues get firm and saggy in a cyclic manner which may cause the breasts to become saggy altogether.
Collagen is responsible to make the skin elastic and firm. When there is a deficit, it causes the skin around the breast to lose flexibility. This makes it look wrinkled and the breasts sag into it.
Also read this posts too:
- How to Tighten Tummy after Weight Loss
- How To Reduce Waistline At Home
- How to Reduce Love Handles Naturally
- How to Lose Thigh Fat Quickly on Weight Loss
Can we fix it for any Age?
Fixing saggy breasts is difficult and sometimes impossible for women who have reached menopausal age. Because after menopause women tend to have a hormonal imbalance and it becomes difficult to get a firm breast.
If the breast has been firm earlier, then there are chances to maintain it. But if it has become saggy, then there are very few chances to fix it.
Other than this age group, this condition can be treated and prevented easily.
Are there any Foods that Prevent Sagging?
Sagging can be prevented if there are adequate nutrients in your body. The nutrients can be obtained from the following foods:
High Protein Foods
Eggs and dairy contain high protein and vitamins required for your body. Be sure to take them compulsorily in your daily diet.
During weight loss, you might have avoided them. But now you should add them to your diet to get firm breasts. Also, these foods provide with necessary nutrients for collagen production.
Vegetables like Cabbage, Tomato, Carrot, Cauliflower, and broccoli have many minerals that revive your skin and make your breast tissues healthy.
Foods Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Nuts and seafood are rich in Omega 3 and provide the necessary fat tissues for the breasts to make them firm. Try to add nuts every day and if possible take seafood twice or thrice per week.
Saggy breasts are nothing to worry about because they can become firm again. The body and the skin have the ability to revive if you give them enough time to heal and recover. Follow the remedies every day till you get your chest fit and firm.