Men and women sometimes find dips and dimples on the skin around the thighs and waist. This condition is known as Cellulite.
It is not serious or harmful to health. But it may be unpleasant to look at. It is prevalent in women and no underlying cause has been found.
Massage has been found to be an effective treatment for cellulite in various research . Since a massage gun can provide you with a deep tissue massage, you need to know how often to use it to get a complete cure. Read our expert’s advice on the topic.
How often to use a Massage Gun for Cellulite?
You can use a massage gun daily once or twice for a period of 10-15 minutes per session to relax the muscles around the cellulite area. You can go up to 30 minutes and this is more than enough if you are regularly doing it.
There aren’t any specific parameters in massaging the body for cellulite. You can do a regular massage with your gun at a preferable speed and amplitude setting to improvise the blood flow.
The use of a massage gun for cellulite is very effective, especially after a session of workout. If you want to lose the dimples sooner, it is preferred to do a session of cardio and work up your muscles.
When you work out, fat metabolism increases . This will aid you to clear the condition faster since the skin can get more blood flow effectively.
There isn’t any specific medical research on the use of massage guns for cellulite. But there are some researches done by medical experts who used a combination of treatments along with a specific modified massage device   .
Some experts have used Endermologie, which is also a type of deep tissue massage performed using a device, and found positive results in the treatment of cellulite   . Endermologie is an FDA-approved treatment for cellulite and you can find many clinics specifically for it.
Therefore, the effectiveness of massage in the treatment of cellulite has been established through various studies.
But instead of seeking a combined treatment or going to a specified clinic, you can consistently use the massage gun and resolve the condition.
It may take some time to see results. Because in the above-mentioned studies, even with all the constraints, it took at least six months to see considerable changes on the skin.
So, with your regular lifestyle, it may take longer than you expect. Therefore, with the help of a massage gun and some natural remedies, you will be able to get rid of cellulite.
How to Use a Massage Gun for Cellulite Properly?
You don’t need to be a professional to use a massage gun properly. You need to choose the right massage gun for you and do it regularly to see results. Here are some expert tips on the proper usage of a massage gun:
- First of all, you need to choose the ball head attachment for massaging the cellulite with the gun. The ball head can cover more area and you can perform the massage with deep amplitudes without any discomfort.
- Try to settle in a comfortable position for the massage. Most of us have cellulite in the thighs and buttocks. If you cannot reach a place properly, find some assistance.
- Set the gun initially at a lower speed setting. It will slowly start to work up the muscles around the area.
- Then gradually increase the pace. Do not go to extreme levels where you cannot handle the pressure. Choose an appropriate speed zone.
- Try to manually apply pressure with the massage gun so that it can reach deep into the layers of skin and free up the blood vessels.
- Don’t massage in the same area for a long time. Move around a lot with periodical gaps and work around the whole area.
- Perform the massage for 15 minutes and relax. You can do it twice per day with one session in the morning and one in the evening.
- Likewise, you can continue this routine till you see changes in the skin. It will take some time. Therefore, be confident and persistent.
Also read other Massage Equipment posts:
- 5 Best Massage Chair for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- 5 Best Foot Massager for Small Feet and Large Feet
- 5 Best Massage Pad for Back Pain
- 5 Best Massage Table For Home Use
Are there any Natural Remedies for Cellulite?
Since the exact underlying cause of cellulite is unknown, it is safe to choose natural home remedies and established massage therapy for treating the condition. You can follow these remedies which will aid you to achieve results faster and better.
Drink Sufficient Water
Water can help you detox effectively and get rid of fat globules faster. Whenever you are thirsty, drink only water. Don’t drink any kind of beverages.
Perform Cardio Workout
Before the use of a massage gun, it is preferred to go for at least 20 minutes of cardio workout. You can go for a simple jog around the house and use the massage gun for a more effective result.
Stop drinking caffeinated drinks and food items. They can slow down your detoxification and affect your recovery speed.
Sleep at night
Do not avoid sleeping at night. It will aid your body to recover itself efficiently. So, if you skip a night’s sleep, then you may have a hard time losing cellulite.
Avoid inorganic creams and moisturizers for the skin. Instead, use natural moisturizers like coconut oil which can keep your skin healthy and aid in cellulite recovery.
Be Physically active
If you are doing a sedentary job, try to move around a lot and use stairs instead of elevators. Try to keep up your physical activity so that your fat metabolism is effective.
Quit Smoking and Alcohol
Your body cannot recover when you are dumping toxins on one side and treating them on the other. Therefore, quit the habit completely.
Although cellulite is not a harmful condition, it can be a sign of an unhealthy body. Therefore, you need to correct your lifestyle primarily and use a massage gun to get rid of it completely.
Just by combining these two aspects, you can effectively remove cellulite areas in your body and get a good shiny skin tone.
1. Cellulite treatment: a comprehensive literature review – https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jocd.12154
2. Regulation of Carbohydrate and Fat Metabolism During and After Exercise – https://www.academia.edu/26933134/Regulation_of_Carbohydrate_and_Fat_Metabolism_During_and_After_Exercise?from=cover_page
3. The effectiveness of massage treatment on cellulite as monitored by ultrasound imaging – https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1600-0846.1997.tb00180.x
4. Cellulite treatment using a novel combination radiofrequency, infrared light, and mechanical tissue manipulation device – https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14764170500190242
5. Body Contouring: A Preliminary Report on the Use of the Silhouette® Device for Treating Cellulite – https://academic.oup.com/asj/article/18/3/177/207906
6. Noninvasive Mechanical Body Contouring: (Endermologie) A One-Year Clinical Outcome Study Update – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s002669900182
7. Cellulite treatment: a myth or reality: a prospective randomized, controlled trial of two therapies, endermologie and aminophylline cream – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10654755/
8. Treatment of cellulite with LPG endermologie – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19261014/