There are a lot of equipment out there to tone each and every muscle in our body. Among those, ab rollers are very popular among bodybuilders. Ab rollers are popularly used because,
- Many of us struggle to tone our abdominal muscles because they don’t easily shed our fat. Ab rollers help us to tone it easily.
- Bodybuilders struggle to bring six-pack abs even with their strenuous workout schedule. But with the help of Ab rollers, they easily reduce the abdominal fat and strengthen those muscles.
Therefore, this equipment can be very helpful for pros as well as beginners to get their abdomen rock hard.
Best Ab Wheel for Beginners
Here we have brought you a list of best ab wheels for beginners recommended by experts that are easy to use and are effective in toning the different parts of the abdominal muscles.
|EnterSports AB Wheel Roller||Best Ab wheel for Heavy People||Read Our Expert Review|
|Oileus AB Roller Wheel||Overall Best Ab Wheel for Beginners||Read Our Expert Review|
|Harison AB Roller||Most Stable Ab Wheel for Beginners||Read Our Expert Review|
|Intent Sports Ab Wheel Roller||Best Multi Purpose Ab Roller||Read Our Expert Review|
|Laus Ab Wheel Roller||Best Ab Wheel with Unique Design||Read Our Expert Review|
EnterSports AB Wheel Roller
The EnterSports AB Wheel Roller is very beginner-friendly equipment that helps you to tone your core abdomen easily.
Our Expert Review
The wheel is sufficiently wide with a 3.2” width. It is highly suitable for beginners and provides easy maneuvers during workouts. This width provides sufficient stability and you can easily train with these wheels.
The wheel is made up of non-slip Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) which is an excellent material that provides high stability and durability. It also has sufficient skid patterns to have optimal friction during the workout. The TPR wheels are fixed onto a PVC frame.
The core frame of the wheel and the shaft are made up of strong stainless steel. It is very durable and helps in the long life of the wheel. Due to this construction, the wheel can withstand up to 600lbs of weight easily.
The handlebar has an ergonomic design with matte finish rubber on the top side with grip patterns on the bottom side.
The resistance in the wheel is optimal for beginners and it is not too hard to maneuver it during the workout. Also, if you want to increase the resistance, there are resistance bands offered with the wheel which you can use for higher tension.
The wheel comes with two resistance bands, two pushup bars, and two knee mats.
|Sturdy build||Wheel width can be higher|
|Ergonomic Handle||Motion Resistance can be higher|
|Knee Mats and accessories|
Oileus AB Roller Wheel
The Oileus AB Roller Wheel is the best ab wheel for beginners and it has many features that make this product stand out from others. Highly recommended for first-timers.
Our Expert Review
This product has a double-wheel design where two wheels are fixed together for more stability. The width of a single wheel is 3.9” and this is more than enough to perform ab workouts without difficulty.
The total width of both the wheels is 5.5” which doesn’t wobble during workouts and are very comfortable.
The wheels are covered with an anti-skidding rolling belt which is made up of rubber and is very good at providing grip. The wheels are made up of hard plastic and the rollers inside them are wooden. The wooden rollers are very quiet and sturdy.
The core frame of the wheel and the shaft are made up of strong stainless steel. But the rollers connected to the wheels are wooden. The dual wheel design enables it to withstand 1000lbs of weight easily.
The handlebar is placed on top of the wheels and it is quite good. It has sufficient length and it is covered with soft foam which has grooves for a firm grip.
The resistance in the wheel is a little higher due to the spring-back system. But the same spring-back system helps in the rebound during the backward motion of the wheel. The rebound aids around 1.8m of length during backward motion. So, a six-foot person can easily stretch and retrieve back with this device.
The wheel comes with only one knee pad and there aren’t any additional accessories in the box.
|Sturdy build to withstand 1000lbs weight||Accessories can be more|
|Dual Wheel design|
|High Resistance motion|
|Spring back system|
Harison AB Roller
The Harison AB Roller is another excellent entry-level product made specifically for beginners. Those who are looking for a more stable ab roller must go for this equipment.
Our Expert Review
The wheels are small but are placed in different construction. The two small wheels are sufficient for this type of design and provide more stability too. It is not possible to use it on carpets or soft surfaces. But on hard surfaces, they are very efficient.
The roller wheels are made up of rubber and the whole design is constructed with hard plastic. The rubber wheels are sturdy and don’t wobble. The plastic build is not cheap and is very firm. It also has a good look to it.
This is the highlight of this equipment. It has a triangle-shaped construction with four small wheels. The front wheels are also connected to a spring-back system for rebound up to 2.8m. The design is very sturdy and can withstand up to 800lbs of weight easily.
The triangular design has a well-placed handlebar on top which is very comfortable to hold. It has soft padded foam with grooves for extra grip.
The resistance in the wheel is sufficiently good and also the spring-back system provides resistance as well as enables you to retrieve easily up to 2.8m. Also, if you want to increase the resistance, there are resistance bands offered with the wheel.
The wheel comes with two pull-up ropes, two pushup bars, and two knee mats. The knee mats are quite small but are enough to place the knees.
|Innovative Design||Wheel width can be higher|
|Sturdy Build||The frame material can be steel|
Intent Sports Ab Wheel Roller
The INTENT SPORTS Multi-Functional Ab Wheel Roller is good equipment for beginners and it has a decent weight holding capacity. You can try this out if you usually exercise on plain surfaces.
Our Expert Review
The double wheel design is very good and has a width of 3” with each wheel 1.5” wide. It is sufficiently wide and stable. Wheel Material
The wheel is made up of clear plastic resin which mimics rubber. It is a good material and it is durable. But it cannot be used on rough surfaces as it may spoil the wheel.
There isn’t any anti-skid pattern in this design but the resin material will not easily slip away. The wheels are fixed onto a steel frame.
The frame of the wheel and the shaft are made up of stainless steel. This double wheel design can withstand up to 450lbs of weight easily.
The handlebar is the extension of the core shaft and its handle has soft foam with groove patterns for a firm grip.
The resistance in the wheel is good and it doesn’t have any spring for a rebound or to increase tension.
But if you want to increase the resistance, there are resistance bands offered with the wheel which you can use to gain more tension.
The wheel comes with two resistance bands and a single knee mat which is thick. The resistance bands aid in higher tension and the knee pads give comfort.
|Double wheel Design||Wheel width can be higher|
|Good Build Quality||Wheel material can be Rubber|
|Easy for multi-direction movement|
Laus Ab Wheel Roller
The LAUS Ab Wheel Roller is a great product that has a unique design. The wider wheels provide higher stability for beginners and the handlebar design is very comfortable to hold. Highly recommended for beginners.
Our Expert Review
The wheel is the widest one available on the whole list. It is 4.7” wide and is one of the stable designs you can get with an ab roller. The large wheel also provides easy maneuvering at different angles during workouts.
The wheel is made up of hard plastic with a double rubber coating on its outer cover. This rubber covering has anti-skid patterns and has a central groove for higher friction. The shaft is made up of stainless steel and provides more durability.
The core frame of the wheel and the shaft are made up of stainless steel. It is very durable and helps in the long life of the wheel. But surprisingly the wheel can withstand only up to 300lbs of weight.
This handlebar has the most ergonomic design. It fits perfectly with the shape of your hand which makes it easier to hold and avoids any kind of loss in grip. The handles are also made up of steel and are covered with a rubber grip with groove patterns for a firm hold.
The resistance in the wheel is higher due to the presence of a spring back system embedded in it. It provides rebound during retrieval and tension during forwarding motion.
The wheel comes with a single piece of knee mat which is not very thick but comfortable. Also, the width of the mat is also good.
|Wider Wheels||Weight capacity is very low|
|Double Rubber cover for more grip|
|Spring Back for Rebound|
What We Recommend?
The Oileus AB Roller is the best ab wheel for beginners.
- It has unique design and great features
- It has a spring-back system for a rebound
- It comes with a good handlebar
- The wide wheels provide higher stability. The dual wheel design is very useful for beginners to train with this equipment.
- The rubber grip on top of the wheels is also very grippy.
- The weight holding capacity is higher than any other equipment on this list.
Therefore, this is what we recommend to beginners to ab wheel rollers.
What are the Benefits of Using Ab Wheels?
Most beginners think that ab wheels are useful only to strengthen core abdominal muscles. While it may be the primary benefit, there are several other advantages of using the roller and it may even become wholistic fitness equipment for you as a beginner. The advantages are:
- Six Packs Made Easy – The Ab wheels help you to get a more defined core abdominal muscle. You can get your six packs easily if you use this equipment regularly. With simple back and forth motion, you will be able to build your ab muscles and project its features effectively.
- Get Strong Upper Body – Since the wheel involves your whole upper body, you can develop a better and stronger chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and Lats. Even if you are focusing on these areas separately, using a wheel can give you more strength and shape them.
- Hips are stronger than before – Once you start your routine with the ab rollers, your hips get stronger than ever. You may even feel the hip and glute muscles flexing during the workout. Ab wheels provide you more stability to the hips and make them sturdy particularly if you are lifting heavy weights.
- Burn Extra Calories – You might have burned sufficient calories in your cardio. But the ab roller requires more energy and balance which consumes a considerable number of calories. So, you need not have to burn your everyday calorie mark with just cardio. You can also burn them during your Ab workout with this equipment.
- Get a Good Posture – It is one of the major advantages of working out with an ab roller. It gives proper form to your spine, straightens it, and strengthens your entire back. If you are having a hunch back, it will stretch it out and alters your posture. So, you can walk or sit with a brisk and broad posture.
- Strengthens Lower Back – Women, in particular, require lower back strength more than men. Doing regular workouts with the ab wheel enables you to have a stronger lower back.
- Good for Intimacy – Many Kegel postures are indirectly performed while working out with the wheel. Also, the extra effort to the hips and lower body enables you to perform better in bed.
Also, read this too:
- 5 Best Stationary Bike for Heavy Person
- 5 Best Elliptical Machine for Heavy Person
- 5 Best Rowing Machine for Heavy Person
- How To Reduce Waistline At Home
- How to Lose Thigh Fat Quickly on Weight Loss
Ab wheels are one of the comprehensive workout and fitness equipment you can get. It helps you to tone your core muscles as well as increase your overall shape and fitness.
The whole body gets some kind of work up and you can tone each and every muscle in your abdomen with this equipment.
Those who are new to bodybuilding must make use of this equipment to build their abs easily without any strain. It is more efficient and comfortable than doing crunches.
Disclosure: The posts may contain affiliate links through which may receive a commission